This style of attack is very effective because removing a Beyblade from the stadium effectively reduces its defense to nil. A strong upper attack can toss the opposing Beyblade from the stadium, but it can also be used to lower its defense and hit it while it is not touching the stadium in order knock it out.
Upper Attack Beyblades should focus on maintaining a high spin velocity and being low in height. If the opposing Beyblade has a higher spin velocity, it will be difficult to lift them. If the opposing Beyblade is shorter than yours, getting the attacking slope underneath them is more difficult. Finally, for Upper Attack to function correctly, both Beyblades should be spinning in the same direction.
Attack Rings for Upper Attack
- Upper Dragoon(Master Dragoon, Kid Dragoon)
- Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT)
- Triple Tiger (Driger G)
- Upper Claw (with Upper Attack SP) (Driger V2)
Heavy Metal System
- Circle Upper (Death Gargoyle MS)
- Samurai Upper (Samurai Changer MS)
- Advance Attacker (Advance Striker)