As the name of the series suggests, Beyblades from Beyblade Burst are meant to explode with the action of the BeyBattle. However, there are also traditional ways to win a battle:
- Spin Finish (outspin)
- Over Finish (knock out)
Defeating a Beyblade by making its parts separate is called:
- Burst Finish
<video type="youtube" id="UYKGknkk-mY" width="270" height="203" desc="Beyblade Burst gimmick demonstration" frame="true" position="left" size="full" allowfullscreen="true"/> Beyblade Burst gimmick demonstration
The second most important gimmick announced by TAKARA-TOMY is represented by the [b]BeyLogger[/b], a device much like the BeyPointer that will connect to a smartphone to have real-time rankings and to add a Blader's own battling data to the list. This ranking system is called the Bey Crowd System. It uses NFC technology.
Components of Beyblade Burst
Going back to the very first generation of Beyblades (Bakuten Shoot Beyblade), Beyblades from the Beyblade Burst series are composed of three layers:
- Layer: The main attacking piece, the Layer is made of plastic and displays its character's attributes.
- Disk: The Disk is a metallic ring that complements the shape of the Layer and adds a variety of weight distribution to the overall Beyblade customization.
- Driver: Similar to a Blade Base or a 4D Bottom, the Driver encases a tip and also determines the height of the Beyblade. It's made of plastic for the most.
A new BeyStadium accompanies the launch of this new Beyblade series. It resembles a mix of a regular stadium floor with a Zero-G cover on top of it, to protect players from exploding parts and high energy KOs.
Beyblade Burst has introduced the same four types of Beyblade combos, with slightly different names:
Just like the Metal Fight Beyblade series, Beyblade Burst will see Starters and Boosters, with Starters including a Light Launcher. Although its name is identical to the Metal Fight Beyblade Light Launcher, the design for this winder-based shooter was changed.
A BeyLauncher will also be released, at first in the Start Dash Set. It is a string launcher.
Launcher Grips will be released separately. They are skinnier versions of the Metal Fight Beyblade Launcher Grips and the initial versions are white. They can accomodate the BeyLogger at their top, similar to the BeyPointer on the MFB grips.
- B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel (with BeyLogger & Light Launcher) (July, 2015) (2200 yen)
- B-02 DX Starter Spriggan Spread Fusion (with BeyLogger & Light Launcher) (July, 2015) (2200 yen)
- B-03 Starter Ragnaruk Heavy Survive (with Light Launcher) (July, 2015) (1200 yen)
- B-04 Starter Kerbeus Central Defence (with Light Launcher) (July, 2015) (1200 yen)
- B-08 Beyblade Start Dash Set (Valkyrie Special Version, new Stadium, BeyLogger and BeyLauncher)